Sporty – Sexy – Comfortable – Confident
My style is the combination of sporty, sexy, comfortable & I wear it with confidence. I also like to throw in a sprinkle of swagger at times..people are so over the word “swagger” but I can’t think of a better word to describe that “IDGAF” mentality. I hate when people say, “Oh that look is cute but I can’t pull it off.” The hell you can’t?!? According to who? Your style is a reflection of your mood and your personality and you should NOT GIVE A FLYING ________ what other people think of your look. As long as you love it and feel confident in it, that’s really all that matters.
I have an interesting split style, kind of like my personality. Swaggy vs Girly. Sometimes I want to look super girly (cute, make up, hair done, sun dress, sandals, heels) while other times I want to look Tomboy-ish (sneakers, basketball jerseys, oversized jackets, vintage tees, wearing a hat). So it’s really just depending on my mood.
- Invest in the accessories. Accessories are the first thing people look at when they judge your outfit plus you can wear them more often.
- Purses, shoes, bags, jackets, hats
- Add a touch of sexy if you’re going for a sporty look. The perfect combination of the two is what drives the guys crazy 😛
- If you’re wearing an oversized jacket, wear a low cut or tight fitted tank underneath.
- If you’re wearing an unflattering jersey with jeans, pair it with some high heels and some color on your lips.
- THE RULES OF STYLING SNEAKERS
- With tight jeans/pants-
- Wear either a body suit tank with jacket over the top OR an oversized tee with a lose fitted neck line.
- I personally love high wasted jeans because they’re flattering on women, especially curvy women. If you’re wearing sneakers (especially Jordan Retros) that already gives your look a sporty vibe, so the high waste softens the look and makes it more feminine.
- With lose or baggy pants-
- Wear a crop top tee, wear a tight tank, wear a loose fitted tank with cute visible bra underneath OR wear a tight long sleeve top. If you want to wear loose pants with a lose top I would suggest wearing heels vs sneakers BUT if you have a perfect look in mind incorporating baggy on baggy with sneakers, then adding a belt with the pants with the shirt tucked in helps. If you’re doing the baggy look, please make sure your hair is styled cute and put a touch of make up on. If you go too dude-ish with your look it can ruin the entire outfit.
- With shorts-
- Sporty tube socks please. Nothing crazy, Nike or an athletic brand will do. This makes the look youthful & fun.
- With skirt or dress-
- LOW TOPS ONLY PLEASE. One way you can make hightops work with a dress or skirt is if you wear tube socks, but I still think low top sneakers are best with skirt or dress look. It is AWFUL when a girl is trying to look cute in a dress then throws on sneakers and ruins the entire look. Don’t disrespect your outfit that way please, thanks.
- With tight jeans/pants-
More pics to come!
If you have any questions on how to style a sporty look but still look cute while doing it, comment below or send me a private message in the contact section.