Week nine down, yessss!
Post workout beach recovery ❤
As mentioned in the last post, I was going to update you on the progress I’ve seen from my before pics to 8 weeks (2 months) in.
CHANGES I’VE SEEN:
Face/Neck/Collarbone: Night and day difference of my face, neck & collarbone. Its like a vacuum went in and sucked all the fat out. Like its crazy where your body loses weight, I didn’t realize that I had weight to lose there but I definitely did. Although I wasn’t targeting to lose weight there, I’m really happy about it because you feel more beautiful when your face looks slimmer.
Arms: My arms are getting stronger for sure. I totally see a change in them which is amazing, when I straighten my arm my triceps naturally activate and I see definition that wasn’t there 8 weeks ago. My shoulders, chest and biceps are feeling more solid too.
Back: My back is one of the most improved places, YAAAAY! Nobody thinks back fat is cute so ADIOS love handles! Seriously I was so happy to see the results in my before & after pics because I saw massive gains. I still have some to lose but I’m so happy with the progress I’ve seen thus far.
Legs/Butt: Probably one of the most exciting changes I’ve seen is in my booty & back of my legs!!! You guys, I lost cellulite!! I honestly didn’t even realize I could lose it. Like I mentioned in previous posts, I’ve always had bigger booty so I just kinda accepted that I was one of the unlucky ones that had a little cellulite and there was nothing I could do about it. NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE!! Like its gone! I almost jumped for joy when I saw the comparison pic because now I won’t have to feel self conscious about it this summer.
Leg Gap: I have been fortunate to be blessed with the leg gap, but it was MUCH BETTER 5 years ago. I had gotten to the point where my thighs were touching when my feet were together, so I wanted to fix that. The leg gap is back..lets freaking go!!! #leggapgang
Stomach: I’m seeing a little more definition in my stomach. It has definitely shrunk but I still want it to get smaller. So this is what I’m hoping will continue to shrink over these next 3 weeks.
MUSIC PLAYLIST I’LL BE LISTENING TO FOR WEEK 10:
- New Freezer- Rich The Kid
- Psycho- Post Malone feat Ty Dolla $ign
- Look Alive- Blocboy JB ft Drake
- Beast- Migos
- Stir Fry- Migos
- X- ScHoolboy Q
- Last time that I checc’d- Nipsey Hussle
- Ric flare drip- Offset
- Haitians- Lajan Slim
- All the stars- Kendrick Lamar ft SZA
- Bartier Cardi- Cardi B ft 21 savage
- Top off- Dj Khaled, Jay Z, Future, Beyonce
- Nuthin but a G thang- Dr Dre
- Havana- Camila Cabello ft Young Thug
ADVICE FOR MY PEEPS THIS WEEK:
- Get it done in the morning: It really just does something for your soul when you get it out of the way first thing in the morning. When you’re finished, YOU FEEL GREAT and you have the full day to enjoy and not stress about having to do it later. From my own personal experience, I like getting my workout done in the morning because I tend to have more energy in the am. My body feels super light in the morning and at night I feel heavy and bloated.
- If you don’t get it done in the morning STILL GET YOUR WORKOUT IN: I’ve made the mistake in the past that if I missed my opportunity to workout in the morning then I would just take the entire day off..don’t do that! Even if you’re drained after a long stressful day at work, get some form of a workout done so you don’t allow yourself a mental set back. I wasn’t feeling great one day this week and it was raining outside so I didn’t want to walk to the gym, it ended up being 10pm and I was convinced I was gonna miss the day but I said screw that! I haven’t worked this hard to take random “off day”s in the middle of the week. I FORCED myself to do an at home 10:00pm workout and it was hard AF! Don’t allow yourself excuses, just try to get it over with in the am..unless you’re a night owl and love working out after work, do you boo boo.
- Pat yourself on the freaking back: When you complete a workout, no matter how tough or easy it is, give yourself a pat on the back! You deserve it! No one is putting a gun to your head saying you have to workout, it’s a self choice, so be proud of yourself for making that commitment to YOU and wanting to create a better version of yourself. You know what’s the sexiest part of a woman’s body?! Her confidence. Working out helps drive positive thoughts, vibes and endorphins through your body and makes you feel great. Good work!
- Stretch it out: We get so busy trying to get our workout done as fast as possible or we’re rushing so we don’t have time to stretch. Its important to stretch for a few minutes before your workout so your body is warm. Trust me I tried it, I jumped straight into a workout and I found that within the first 3 minutes I was soooooo tired and my legs were dead because I didn’t properly warm them up. It actually made my workout harder by not warming up! So stretch it out.
- Eat throughout the day: I’LL ADMIT, I FALL VICTIM of not eating on a consistent basis, which is something I’ll be working on this week too. Don’t allow yourself to be STARVED otherwise you’ll make bad choices. See example of a typical meal day for me below.
- 7:00 am Pre-workout meal: Banana or apple with peanut butter & half a protein shake
- 9:00 am Breakfast: Protein packed breakfast after my workout- Eggs, ground turkey, sautéed peppers, onions & avocado
- 12:00 pm Lunch: brown rice, beans, peppers & chicken
- 3:00 pm Snack: Nuts and/or protein shake
- 6:00 pm Dinner: Chicken, sweet potato, sautéed veggies
- 8:00 pm Dessert: Sugar free chocolate pudding
- I mix up my meals each day to add diversity. I’ll be writing a mini week EASY recipe cheat sheet soon for anyone who is interested 🙂
- Pick a buddy to help motivate this week: Send pics to them before/after your workout to help motivate them. My dad would send me pics before his workouts and it would just crack me up but also motivate me at the same time, if a 60 year old man can do it I CAN DO IT!! 😀
He requested a special feature on the blog lol. Love you pops!
Challenge yourself this week, see my challenge to you below:
- Workout BEFORE work at least 3 out of the 5 days this week
- Pick either Saturday or Sunday to do a chill/fun cardio workout to keep your body moving (ex: long walk, spin class, at home yoga session, 10 30second sprints)
- Cook your own breakfast & dinner at least 4 days out of the week
- Commit to a 5 minute stretch in the morning right when you wake up
- Drink 2 liters of water throughout each day
Let me know how it goes!
Power through my loves! We got this.