Santorini always sempt like a fake fairytale place that you would always just see pictures of and just dream of going to, but it was never actually a reality. The long travel, the MONEY, the overpriced tourist attraction rates, etc. It was just never an actual reality, a bucket list goal for sure but never truly a realistic option..UNTIL NOW!
So with Kyle playing in Greece this season, his team is located in Athens (technically Piraeus) Greece. We live in a beach town suburb called Glyfada, which is like 15 min from the ATH international airport. A flight to Santorini from Athens is 27min in air time!!! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! The dreamy location that I just never thought would ever be a real life venture is only a 30 minute flight away from where I live? SO LETS DO IT, LETS FREAKING GO TO SANTORINI!!
One small hick up, Kyle plays professional basketball and rarely has any off days. I’ve never been the type to shy away from traveling alone however, I didn’t want to go to one of the most romantic places in the world for the first time by myself. So I decided to wait, wait until Kyle had his next off day. FINALLY he got one after his game New Years Eve, what perfect timing to spend the New year.
We booked our flight New Years Eve and jetted out first thing Monday morning (Jan 1st, 2018). 24 hours in paradise.
- Land in Santorini at 10:30am
- Get to our hotel by 11:15am
- 11:30am-THE REST OF THE DAY
- Fly out at 11:30am Tuesday morning
- Home by 12:30pm
- Practice at 5pm
Hotel we stayed at: Poseidon Mansion ( http://poseidonmansion.com ) Such a cute place in Oia. Amazing views of the sunset, literally an iconic location.
What I love about the hotel:
- You have the whole place to yourself. It’s like a little mansion built in the Oia hill. It has approx 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, hot tub + a kitchen! So its cool because you can have big group stay there with you if you want. Kyle and I had the entire place to ourselves though.
- Since it’s not a hotel per say, it comes with a super nice chauffeur instead. Ours picked us up from the airport, carried our luggage the entire time & gave us a mini tour of the place + restaurants that were open. He even made reservations for us on anything we needed.
- I would absolutely stay there again!
Check it out!